Saturday, August 30, 2008

THE WORLD IS A BETTER PLACE!

It's true...when I am with you Jake and your brother Oliver, the world IS a better place for me!

And after seeing your delicious faces when I said good night to you...I think that it is the same for you.

The minute that I said "Hello" to you and got my hug, I knew that the bond that we created was still there and you were the little boy who was always in my dreams. But if at all possible, you are even better than before.

This past year has been such a worldly, nurturing experience for you. You know it from your conversation. "My best friend in Australia, has that game", and "When we were in Sydney, I always remembered you, Nana'.

Jake, your laugh,your smile, facial expressions and love for me were just as I remembered.

And now we have Oliver! Could having grandchildren get any better???

He is sooooo cute, and as the hours passed he warmed up to me and let me hug him and kiss him, and hug him and kiss him some more. And when we went for a walk in his carriage downstairs, and he was lying there oh so tired, I talked and sang to him, just as I did with you Jake... from the day you were born. Oliver is on the brink of taking his first steps and that will be a beautiful sight to see. And as he gave me 200 pieces of paper, one at a time and I said, thank you...he smiled with each and every thank you. So it IS true, when I am with my grandchildren, the world IS a better place for me!

What a homecoming...my kids are back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home