Sunday, August 06, 2006

I couldn't believe what I heard!

Yesterday I was talking with someone about our grandchildren, which now-a-days seems to be a very common topic. She was bragging about her terrific grandson and told me she felt badly because she had to "hit" him the last time that she watched him because...HE JUST WOULDN'T LISTEN, and the little boy hit her.

So I knew it was time to get to my blog and share some thoughts with you.

Whenever we are together, without your parents, when I am totally in charge of you, I very rarely have any problems with you. You are a reasonable 3 year old and we really respect each other,(considering you are only 3 years old)

The other day when we were together and it was 100 degrees outside, it was too hot to go out. So I stopped by a store before I picked you up and got some colorful flash cards with letters and words and pictures on them.

I knew that the best thing to do were indoor activities together. So getting back to my story - when we came into your house you ran to the computer to play computer games. While you did this, I made us cold drinks and ran a bath so that you could cool off and be refreshed for the next few hours.

When I came over to the computer YOU REFUSED TO STOP PLAYING GAMES!!! I asked you nicely but you whined and refused to stop playing.
I then got down on my knees, looking straight into your eyes and said to you"Jake I did not come all the way from Keyport to sit and watch you play games without me"! I then shut down the computer and told you that if you didn't listen to reason you would have to go into the naughty corner.(The way that the Super Nanny taught me to do)

I told you that we had lots of nice and fun things to do together and that later on, you could go play some of your computer games.

Amazingly you not only listened, but when you were in the cool bathtub and we were singing and telling each other stories, you said "Nana, I like playing and talking with you".

The moral of the story is that hitting begets hitting and with a touch of firmness and reason, you can certainly get your point across!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home